- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup old fashioned oats
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ¼ cup enjoy life chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Stir together dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Mix together wet ingredients in a separate mixing bowl.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients.
- Stir in ¼ cup chocolate chips. Mix well.
- Drop rounded tablespoons onto cookie sheet.
- Cookies won’t spread very much so you can space them about 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 15-16 minutes.
- Move cookies to a wire rack and cool completely before eating or transferring to a storage container for later consumption.
These also make delicious bars.
adapted from this recipe: http://www.eatingbirdfood.com/2012/09/vegan-pumpkin-oatmeal-chocolate-chip-cookies/
My daughter used to love grilled cheese. Vegan “cheese” contains a lot of mystery ingredients that could be high in salicylates. I finally came up with an alternative that she likes. Make like a grilled cheese, but with the following ingredients:
spectrum canola spray
2 slices of bread
Tofutti vegan cream cheese and refried beans spread on the bread in place of cheese
This is another delicious cake! Top with citrusy frosting below, your favorite frosting, or the fudgy frosting recipe listed under chocolate cake.
1 cup plain rice milk
1 Tbs lime juice
1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup white sugar
1 teas baking soda
1 teas baking powder
1/2 teas salt
1/3 cup canola oil
1/4 cup water
1 Tbs lime juice
2 Tbs pure maple syrup
Preheat oven to 350. Grease an 8×8 pan or line 12 cupcake holders.
Stir rice milk and 1 Tbs lime juice in glass measuring cup. Whisk dry ingredients in a bowl. Briskly mix all wet ingredients together. Stir into dry mixture and stir until batter is lump free.
Pour into cake or cupcake pan.
Bake in preheated oven until toothpick inserted comes out clean. About 35 min for cake; about 10 to 20 mins for cupcakes.
Adapted from this recipe: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/vegan-basic-vanilla-cake/
Use mixer to mix the following ingredients:
2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup spectrum shortening
juice from 1/2 lime
2 Tbs rice milk, more as needed for correct consistency
Adapted from this recipe: http://vegetarian.about.com/od/desertrecipes/r/lemonfrosting.htm